Whey vs Rice

Sommer
on 5/3/08 5:59 am - Charlotte, NC
Any one using Rice Protien?  I cannot use Whey do to the fact I am vegan.  I have never had it before and was wondering from any post -opers use this instead of Whey.
Pam T.
on 5/3/08 11:58 am - Saginaw, MI
Biological Value (BV) is the standard by which protein quality is measured.  It's a scale of 1 to 100 and the higher the value the better the protein quality and more useable (bioavailable) it is to the body.  The scale is based on the perfect protein of a whole egg, which is 100.  Whey Protein = 100 (sometimes shown as 105-120) Soy Protein = 74 Rice Protein = 84 I've never tasted either soy protein or rice protein powders, so can't comment on which is better than the other. HTH Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Ruby R.
on 5/4/08 9:41 pm
I have always used whey.  I am three years out.  I was at a conference in Charlotte this past weekend and the doctor told us soy is better for a meal replacement.  He said it is absorbed slower.  What is your thoughts on this.? Patricia 3/11/2005  RNY 262/125/139 hi/lo/today  
cejboslover
on 5/4/08 2:20 am - Myrtle Beach, SC
I would really like to know where you obtain the rice protein from. I can not have soy, and all products I have seen have soy protein or some form of soy in them. 
Sommer
on 5/4/08 5:12 am - Charlotte, NC
Do you guys have an Earth Fare in MB?  I know I can get it there.  The GNC here has it as well.
cejboslover
on 5/5/08 8:20 pm - Myrtle Beach, SC
We do not have Earth fare, but I will check out GNC. Thanks
Most Active