When exercise isnt cutting it....

Kelly A.
on 5/3/08 1:15 am - Coventry, CT
Okay... I work out 3x sometimes more a week doing 40 minutes on the elliptical, then light weights(for toning) on my uppers. Leg presses.  I have a protien shake in the am, followed by a 60 cal cup of yougurytabout 10am, then a handful of cherry tomatoes about noon, then a 6oz cup of special k with skim milk about 230pm, then a sensible dinner fish/chicken and a salad.  Sometimes I have a handful of nuts/ranges from almnds to cashews.  The weight is slowly coming off, but I have "fat pockets" on my thighs and my stomach.  Any suggestions?
Pam T.
on 5/3/08 1:44 am - Saginaw, MI
My first impression is that you're not eating enough.  Specifically, doesn't sound like you're getting any significant protein between your shake in the morning and your dinner at night.  Are you tracking your calories and protein intake on a food journal like www.fitday.com or another site?  What type of surgery did you have?  And how far out are you?  Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Kathy S.
on 5/9/08 8:16 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
You are not taking in enough protein for sure.  Try increasing  your protein and increase  your cardio and weight training.  Be sure to take your measurements and body fat percents.  You will find these are good measurements for success.  The scale stinks Know that you are doing all you can.  That being said, there are some areas that you may not be able to remove all the fat and need PS.  But work on getting to goal for now and you can deal with what you have to work with when you get there.... Good luck Take care, Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active