Can you drink with your meal when you have soup or yogurt?

sharlenew
on 5/2/08 1:24 am - Steelville, MO

If I have tomato soup, cream soup or yogurt etc, can I drink with it?  Sounds crazy but it makes sense to me that if you are having a liquid meal then why can't you drink with it?  Give me your thoughts.  Of course I'm not going to have liquid for every meal but once a week or so would be nice.

Hugs,
Sharlene
Pam T.
on 5/2/08 2:22 am - Saginaw, MI

No.   Cream soups and yogurt are thicker than water so they will stay in your pouch longer than water will.  Think of your pouch as a funnel with a very small opening.  If you put a serving of yogurt into that funnel, it'll take a while to plop out slowly through that little opening, right?  But if you mix that yogurt with water it'll drain out very quickly.  Same goes with thick soups.   Plus, if you start drinking with meals -- no matter what they are -- it'll just start creating bad habits.  And the sooner you train your mind to follow the rules all the time, the easier it'll be in the long term. Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active