HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP

MissPaula
on 4/29/08 9:50 am - ROGERSVILLE, TN
        I could just die.....I feel so bad,and like a loser.....I am on my pre-surgery liquid diet.....and I have done ok with the cottage cheese,yogurt,broth,and low carb shakes......BUT today I had a tuna wrap. I was starving to death....and after I had it I seemed to be energetic and be able to get up and do more.I know it was wrong.....But PLEASE tell me Ill be ok and others are not perfect!!! I know, I am trying to justify this......But how many usually ARE faithful....and does anyone have any other food ideas???? RNY May 6th!!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/29/08 10:56 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH

No need to beat yourself up about this, and comparing yourself to others generally leads to frustration.  There are always going to be people who do worse than you and who do better than you; it's just the way of the world. 

I remember the frustration of the pre-op liquid diet - it was definitely a low-light of preparing for surgery (right up there with the Fleet phoso something or other laxative some of us had to take!!!!).  But when you're struggling, keep in mind that the pre-op liquid diet has a very specific purpose -> help shrink your liver to make it easier for your surgeon to perform you weight loss surgery.  The more closely you can stick to your surgeon's pre-op diet guidelines, the more your liver will shrink, and the easier your surgery will be. 

I will encourage you to use this as a learning experience; you don't like how you feel because you "cheated."  I think that's pretty common for most of us.  The important thing is changing how you respond.  Don't beat yourself up, don't try to justify your behavior, don't throw up your hands in dismay and eat a bunch of crap to make yourself feel better.  Instead, recognize that you made one bad decision, that you can't change that, that we all slip up sometimes, but that you can make a better choice next time.  For me, this was a key shift in my thinking during the WLS process -> learning different responses to old behaviors...

Good luck with the rest of your pre-op liquid diet, and best wishes for an uneventful and successful surgery! 

Kellie

Most Active