Pre-Operative Diet

marie246
on 4/23/08 5:23 am
My surgery date is May 6, 08.  I would like to eat Kidney beans.  Are they safe to eat while on pre-op diet.  I need help on what i should eat to get full and not fell hungry.  This my daily meal plan: Breakfast  AdvantEdge Protein Shake (chocolate fudge) Snack  16 oz bottle water  Lunch  Spinach and Carrots Snack  Water or Crystal Lite Dinner  AdvantEdge Protein Shke (strawberry creme)
Jessica O.
on 4/23/08 5:48 am - Grafton, MA

As always, your best bet would be to check with your surgeon.  It seems surgeons are all different when it comes to diet regime's.  I did not need to follow any specific guidelines for a pre-op diet.  I only had to be on clear liquids all day, the day before my surgery and nothing to drink after midnight. 

MissPaula
on 4/29/08 9:56 am - ROGERSVILLE, TN
   You are serious???? You get carrots????? I am only allowed broth,water,Low carb shakes,and yogurt.....I made a no no and ate tuna today...IM HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!! Maybe we can help each other.....
marie246
on 4/30/08 6:10 am
Hi! Miss Paula. I had my pre-op appt  today. Everything went well. I told my nurse i cheated. She wasn't very happy, but she didn't reschedule my surgery date.   I just need to stay on the right track for the next few days.  I hope  your surgery goes well.  i will keep you in my prayers. Regards, Marie 
Most Active