Feeling depressed over gaining weight

luvinleah
on 4/22/08 12:52 am - conway, AR
I come on this site daily for inspiration and I know I will get that and more from you all. I have gained weight and and am so scared. I started off this journey at 372 and now I weigh 251. I started eating cashews and dried fruit and got addicted to it. I found that I could eat that and not get sick at all. PLEASE give me some advice. I stopped eating them yesterday and so far so good. I got back on fitday and AM GOING TO WIN THIS BATTLE. Thanks so much for all your support.
lucky_lady76
on 4/22/08 12:59 am - Texarkana, TX
Good luck, I got hooked on the Mountain Trail Mix, ate it like crazy for about three weeks. I kept on saying it has cashews, almonds, peanuts, and rasins so it is good for me, but the m&m's wasn't. When they were all out of the house I just did not buy anymore, and threatened my husband bodily harm if he brought anymore in. I told him if he wanted any he could eat it at work or in his car. We shall see how that works, but so far so good, it has been a week since I have had any. I wish you the best of luck with this leg of your journey.  I am just a year out and am struggling to loose my last 20 pounds to get to my personal goal. I have tried for the past couple months and not lost a pound so I understand the frustration. Just hang in there.
GOD BLESS   Cynthia
(deactivated member)
on 4/22/08 1:50 am - Cleveland Heights, OH
Nuts and dried fruit are very tasty, but also very calorie dense.  So they can be a good snack option for people that need to gain, or for occasional use when you are traveling and don't want to carry around healthy foods that are bulky.  But for most of us, these are not good everyday snacks.  So kudos to you for recognizing what's going on and working on changing your behavior.   Find some better snack options for yourself - things that fill you up, stay with you for a while, and are less calorie-dense.  Fresh fruit is a better choice than dried fruit.  High-protein, lower-fat snacks are also good choices - low-fat cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, beef jerky, turkey jerky, rolled-up low-fat deli meat, egg salad made w/ light mayo on leaf lettuce, etc.   I'd also like to commend you for using fitday.  I've been using a daily food journal for more than 2 years now, and I think that's a big part of why I have not experience any significant regain; it helps keep me accountable, even if only to myself.   Good luck on your continuing journey - you will win this battle!!!! Kellie
Most Active