What are the vitamins for??

JackieinWA
on 4/17/08 3:42 am - Lynnwood, WA
Is there a place on OH that lists what each vitamin does for a person?  For example, I know B12 is for nerve cell growth, but what about IRON, Super B complex, D, Magnesium, etc...

Pam T.
on 4/17/08 11:50 am - Saginaw, MI
The best resource I've found is Worlds Healthiest Food.  www.whfoods.org Just search for any vitamin or supplement or food item and you'll have a very indepth, comprehensive report about what each thing does, how to get enough from food and how much is too much and what happens with you take too much of something.  There are many vitamins that can become toxic to the body if you take too much. Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Dave Chambers
on 4/18/08 12:55 am - Mira Loma, CA
www.whfoods.com has a comprehensive listing of nutritional value of specific foods and I'm sure you can find your answers there.  After surgery we need to make sure all of our vitamin needs are met, due malabsorption as part of WLS.  Blood tests periodically will indicate any shortages of specific vitamins or minerals, and then you can add specific foods or take supplemental tablets to make up for any deficiencies. You won't know for sure if all of your vitamin needs are met unti you have the blood tests, and that is why this are very important for long-term maximum health.

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Most Active