still having trouble with sweets

cocobeans_mom
on 4/14/08 3:08 pm - mcdonough, GA
I am still having trouble sayin no to sweets. I see all these people on here that have done so well. and I see myself thin and sexy, and I go make a bowl of icecream. any advice on how to quit the addiction of sweet foods?
Diana M.
on 4/14/08 10:15 pm - NC
For me~ I am an all or nothing kind of girl.  So to get rid of your sweet tooth-or tame it-Completely cut out sweets for an extended-like a month or so- and then only allow yourself to have sweets when someone judge-mental is watching you with that -OMG, shes had gastric bypass, she shouldn't be eating that- look, lol.  That way you will only have a sliver of cake or a tablespoon of icecream.  That's what I do!
You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be~ David Viscott
(deactivated member)
on 4/14/08 10:56 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH
Some people can have sweets now and then, and be just fine.  Others seem to be triggered by sweets, meaning once they have some, they just want more, more, more.  If you fall in the latter category, you may need to choose to avoid sweets entirely, otherwise it will be difficult to continue losing and/or maintain.  You may find that your desire for sweets wanes over time and you'll be truly satisfied with things like fruit for dessert...   Good luck on your continuing journey - Kellie
Pam T.
on 4/15/08 3:37 am - Saginaw, MI
Why is there ice cream in your house to begin with? It's easier to say NO in the grocery store than it is when you've got a craving and you're standing in front of the fridge looking for something sweet.  So don't bring that crap into the house.  It doesn't matter if you have a husband and kids who want to eat that stuff... until you get YOUR cravings under control, don't allow that stuff in the house. Remember  --- sugar addiction can be eliminated in 3 days.   Three days without sweets and your body is cleansed and you can move on.  The more you eat sweets, the more you want them. Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active