Liquid vitamins??? Pre/Post Op

frankielarkey
on 4/13/08 1:52 am - Riverton, WY
Ok, I know that I am going to need liquid vitamins just after I get home from the hospital. Which ones are good, what kinds do I need to be taking, how much, and when????? I am trying to get ahead of the game. I hate not having things in order it drives me NUTZ lol!! Any help is greatly appreciated! From liquid protein to multi-vitamins, have you looked on the internet for some of this stuff??? how much is to much, or not enough, and what to look for.... OMG it makes your head spin. Thanks Much!!
                              ~~Frankie~~ 

~~ To Thine Own Self Be True~~

Dave Chambers
on 4/13/08 9:56 am - Mira Loma, CA
I have a liquid vitamin that I take, mentioned on my profile page. Once ounce per day instead of multiple pills. I also use powdered calcium citrate instead of pills--mixed with shakes or food.  I've tried pilled vitamins and other liquids, and the one I use is the most affordabld good liquid vitamin I could find.

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

frankielarkey
on 4/13/08 12:55 pm - Riverton, WY

Hi Dave,  Thanks for your reply. What does your doc say about the vitamins that you take? Or is it just a personal choice? I just want to make sure I'm getting everything I need. Thanks a bunch

~~Frankie~~ 

Dave Chambers
on 4/13/08 2:09 pm - Mira Loma, CA
Both my surgeon and my nutritional class instructors reviewed the supplements included in them.  None of them saw anything detrimental for RNY patients. In fact, my surgeon lets me put informations flyers at our support meetings too.   You'll need calcium citrate also, about 2000 mg per day.  Lab tests in future months will determine whether you need additional iron or anything else.  But these vitamins are sugar free, calorie free, carb free,0 calories, also safe for diabetics.

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

frankielarkey
on 4/13/08 2:50 pm - Riverton, WY
Thank you so much Dave. I've been thinking that I need soooo much protein that I forget about all the other vitamins I'm going to need. I am going to Denver this weekend to meet with the Doc and Nutritionist so I will learn a bunch more there also. Again, Thanks Dave
                              ~~Frankie~~ 

Pam T.
on 4/14/08 5:49 am - Saginaw, MI
Did your surgeon say specifically that you needed to take a liquid?  I was cleared for chewables without a problem. I personally think that the liquid vitamins are very overpriced for the amount you get.  The better deal is with a standad multi-vitamin.  I use Centrum Adult Chewable Multi-Vitamin.  I take 2 per day. If you'd like to see my research on different multi-vitamins.  I compiled a spreadsheet that compares various brands side-by-side.  Here's the link: http://pamtremble.blogspot.com/2008/01/mulit-vitamin-compari son.html  As for protein.  There are hundreds of different flavors and brands to choose from.  Your best bet on these is to try samples right after surgery.  Your tastes will change so what you like now might not work afterward.  I have a list of online and local resources in my OH profile of where to get samples.   Good luck Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

frankielarkey
on 4/14/08 7:01 am - Riverton, WY
Oh my gosh Pam, you are such a lifesaver!! I am paying for this surgery myself, so anywhere I can save money, you can bet your britches I will... LOL  I meet with my Doc and nutritionist this Friday and Sunday so, I'm sure they will clue me in more on what I am going to be needing as far as vitamins and such. I am just one of those people that likes to try to get as much done as possible before something big like this so that I don't feel like I'm missing something. Thanks Bunches Sweetie!!!
                              ~~Frankie~~ 

Most Active