Recipes For life after WLS book??

Hill_Star
on 4/12/08 5:16 pm
I was just wondering..... I ordered some books for WLS,  but after ordering them It got me to thinking...Is it worth ordering? Has anybody tried the recipes in these books?? There's two of them, one is....Eating well after WLS: Over 140 delicious Low-Fat High-Protein Recipes  to enjoy weeks, months and years after Surgery by Patt Levine and another book that's called...Recipes for life after WLS : Delicious dishes for nourishing the new you (Healthy Living Cookbooks) by Margaret Furtado ... Please let me know what you think of these books
cbhjr98
on 4/12/08 9:23 pm
I bought recipes for life after weight-loss surgery. to be honest the whole book is stuff I prob would NEVER eat. There's only like 4 recipes I'll probably ever try and those are "normal" ones with minor changes. The breakfast section is just different omelets or such - eggface's blog has a million more "realistic" recipes you'll use after surgery.   The only difference is that it says what stage the food is at - which really isn't true - honestly!? new potatoes at 6-8 weeks post-op? or pita breads? or cranberry -turkey sandwiches?  I'm over 5 months post op and have a high "dump" level and I still prob would wait a bit before trying a lot of these recipes. Just my two cents. I've found WAY more recipes I'll be using on OH.com and eggface's blog. Might want to hold off for awhile before buying books w/ recipes until you know more of what you can or can't tolerate after surgery. Worse case, try Half.com to find them a *****eaper. Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
Most Active