Before I go for surgery....?????

frankielarkey
on 4/12/08 12:12 pm - Riverton, WY

I am traveling from Wyoming to Colorado to have my surgery. Should I order some protein drinks and vitamins before I even go down for my surgery? I just want to be prepared for when i get home. I just know i'm gonna be pooped. Any advice???? Thanks lots 

~~Frankie~~ 

~~ To Thine Own Self Be True~~

tracemb14
on 4/12/08 12:31 pm - Katy, TX
Hi Everything I have been told the answer would be yes.  Have things ready for post-surgery and on hand.  Lots of liquid varieties and protein shakes. All the best from Texas Tracy

Deborah M.
on 4/12/08 1:09 pm - Halifax Nova Scotia, Canada
I did, and was really glad. I bought several different kinds of whey protein powder, in very small quantities, to see which would work best for me. To be honest, I wasn't up to going out...anywhere...when I came home. This begins my second week post-op, and I'm adding frozen fruit and yogurt to my smoothie shakes...what a DIFFERENCE!! Yum! I wish you all the best in your journey!
Deborah.
frankielarkey
on 4/12/08 1:56 pm - Riverton, WY
Thank you so much Deborah and Tracy. Do you recommend anything in particular? I have loads of bottled water lol I was thinking about getting some of the sample packs from bariatric advantage. They have a few sample packs to chose from.  Just a thought. Any other ideas or input would be much appreciated lol Thanks Bunches
                              ~~Frankie~~ 

Mia1307
on 4/13/08 1:51 pm - NM
I had issues with protein because I hate all the wheys out there etc.  I finally found a good one made my smartforme go on google their website should come up.. The chocolate ones are really good!! Mia

SW 294.7 CW 126 GW 150  Live in joy even though you have all the facts.

frankielarkey
on 4/13/08 2:47 pm - Riverton, WY
Thank you so much Mia. I'll do that.
                              ~~Frankie~~ 

Mia1307
on 4/13/08 6:14 pm - NM
You're welcome.  Get as much stuff before as you think you are going to need... Mini storage containers, hmmm small bowls, mixing ones etc..... I made the mistake of not doing that and I have been buying things as I go along so I have to wait for the packages to arrive when I get home tonight!!!! Mia

frankielarkey
on 4/13/08 9:50 pm - Riverton, WY
What kind of packages are you waiting for? They have small bowls @ Walmart lol. Hope they arrive safely... *giggle* Hugs, Frankie
                              ~~Frankie~~ 

Mia1307
on 4/14/08 12:25 am - NM
I got the minis from tupperware for storage, at Target I got some really cute tiny bowls which hold 1 portion same as the bowls etc.. You will find that you need everything in smaller volumes... Also bring some disposable baby spoons to the hospital.. I know that sounds weird, but I promise you, you aren't going to want to eat much more than that per bite at the beginnning! Mia

frankielarkey
on 4/14/08 12:41 am - Riverton, WY
Dear Mia, You're kidding me? They have disposable baby spoons? Huh... and just to think, I grew up all my life without disposable baby spoons lol. The things they come out with these days lol. Way cool though. Maybe I'll just bring a regular baby spoon and have a reason to get my but out of bed and walk to wa**** off in the bathroom when i'm done?? I'm just givin ya a hard time sweetie lol. But I bet you are right. Thank you so very much. Hugs, Frankie
                              ~~Frankie~~ 

Most Active