Fiber and Protien shake

mac409
on 4/12/08 6:54 am
Is it true that adding fiber (bene fiber) to your protien shake will inhibit the absorption of Protien. ??
Pam T.
on 4/12/08 9:24 am - Saginaw, MI
No, not that I've ever hear or read.  However high fiber foods can inhibit the absorption of calcium, so don't take your calcium dose when the benefiber or other high-fiber meals.  Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

mac409
on 4/12/08 9:54 am
Thanks, I knew that it interfered with calcium, but someone told me it also interfered with protien.   I could not find anything on the internet about it.  I tend to agree with you.  Sure makes life easier to mix it all at once, even though it still takes me a couple of hours to finish.  Thanks again Pam! Anything new on your home page?
Pam T.
on 4/12/08 10:01 am - Saginaw, MI
I always throw a scoop of my calcium (UpCalD) into my protein shake in the morning.  Although it only takes me about 20 minutes to fini**** so that might not be a good idea if it takes you longer.  I've been considering adding a fiber supplement becuase it's so hard to get all my fiber in through food.  I try so hard to hit the 25g mark with fiber but always fall short.  I do have a bunch of new stuff to add to my blog.  But it's been a pretty crazy week and I haven't had time to update things lately.  Too tired to write tonight, but maybe tomorrow I'll feel more rested and ready to share all kinds of fun stuff.  LOL! Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

mac409
on 4/12/08 11:48 am
your just too good....Bernadette
Most Active