Pre-Op diet and Not Hungry

happyinoz
on 4/10/08 11:21 pm - Lebanon, MO

As of today, I have today and 4 til surgery. I have been on my liquid diet for 11 days today. I have cheated twice...had an ounce of hard cheese 2 nights in a row , it was early on though. For the last few days I have not really been "hungry". Sure I get the low blood sugar grumps, but usually no "unbearable" hunger pains. I'm actually using the grumps to let me know when it's time to have something. I am consuming less then 1000 cals a day now. As is stands, I'm having one slim fast shake, chicken broth at supper, and SF Jello for a snack. My questions is this: WHY AIN'T I HUNGRY??????? I am absolutely terrified I've gone into metabolic shutdown AGAIN. I have done fasting diets and no carb diets in the past and that is basically what happened. I don'tknow what the exact medical term is , but, my body would NOT lose weight. Someone PLEASE HELP cause I am stressing soooo bad.

The Lord is my rock, and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge. Ps 18:2 

Plum1967
on 4/11/08 5:37 am
What are the guidelines you were given for your pre-op diet?  And you don't say if you are losing or not? If you aren't, you might want to try adding in more broth during the day, perhaps? Sorry I can't be more helpful! Wendy

I've partnered with Team In Training to raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

If you want to help fight blood cancers, please consider donating at http://pages.teamintraining.org/nj/rnr12/wnystrom.

Thank you for your support!

Most Active