Probiotics???

MyMichelle
on 4/10/08 12:39 pm - Fresno, CA
I have a bottle of Ultimate '10' Probiotic supplements from The Vitamin Shoppe.  I know we can eat yogurt with probiotics (Activa, etc.) to help our tummies along, but is it okay to take probiotic supplements for a while to get our intestines back in shape after all the drugs/antibiotics from the surgery.  So, what do you all think?

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/08 1:36 am
Hi Michelle,  I take the Ultimate 10 also. Every day. A good probiotic is sooooo important for good health. There is no way, we can get all of that good bacteria in just eating yogurt, there's not enough of it in there. So yes, in my opinion, a good probiotic, is very good to take! It's help with the digestion of our food, keeps bad things in our intestines at bay, and generally makes everything go smoother...ya know what I mean??? Have a great day!!!
MyMichelle
on 4/11/08 1:57 am - Fresno, CA
I wonder if there are any restrictions on when you can/should take it (like with/without food or at the same time as iron or calcium, etc...)  There are so many do's and don'ts with vitamins that I get confused!

sarard
on 4/11/08 2:10 am - Costa Mesa, CA
You can take probiotics any time .. with or without food. No rules with probiotics.
Sara Nejat-Bina, RD, CNSD, CDE
Registered Dietitian
Most Active