Eating Corn Tortillas

evelynkari
on 4/8/08 11:06 am - Merced, CA
Help! I'm six weeks out and wondering if I can have a VERY SMALL portion of a cheese enchilada. Did any of you eat something like a corn tortilla (very soft, with sauce) this soon after surgery? My doc said I could advance to solids, but I know there are limitations re: rice, bread, and pasta so I wondered about corn tortillas. Thanks for any insight/info! Evie in Merced, CA
(deactivated member)
on 4/9/08 1:20 pm
Take it very slow with the tortillas. it's better if they are crunchy and not chewy (Things get stuck quick). I had a half of a taco around 6 weeks, I was full all day. Now, I can eat one with no problems, but I take my time and eat really slow.
evelynkari
on 4/11/08 8:37 am - Merced, CA
Thank you for the feedback! I had another friend (2.5 years out) tell me the same thing about crunchy vs. chewy. She even suggested tortilla chips and some cheese. I finally bought a little Smart Ones TV dinner and had about 1/2 of a puny chicken enchilada and it was GREAT! Never, ever thought I'd see the day when a Smart Ones TV dinner would equal four meals. Crazy.
Donna D.
on 4/15/08 10:44 am - ID
I am now 4 months post op and let me tell ya, my first solid food was a cheese omelet with SALSA! (that was at about 6-7 weeks) After that I got brave and tried first a cheese enchilada, then moved on to beef and chicken!  I still have a problem with tacos though, I love them, but the fried tortillas are a little difficult for me, I usually make my tortilla softer then instead of folding, I make like a small taco salad!  Yummo!  Of course portions are small but at least I am eating REAL food.   Good Luck, and go slow!

Donna D

5'1"  HW 226 SW 211 CW 143 GW 125

Most Active