Fitday and NUT ???

ozlady1000
on 4/1/08 12:59 am - Davison, MI

Hi All,     I have been on the boards many times just complaining; but now I have truly committed myself to doing something about it. I have went back to fitday; I am entering and watching everything I eat! I have been hitting the treadmill and rec. bike at 45-60 min. daily. I burn on average 500-600 calories a day. I take in only about 1200! I am increasing my water intake as well; and doing my protien shakes too. So why are my scales not budging a bit? My own family DR just blew me off! Do I need to return to the NUT at my clinic? I am also keeping my carbs at 30 percent or less? What are good carbs, bad carbs; and how many should we be worring about?? My family Dr did say my cardio won't help me lose much anymore; he said need to do weight trainning. I can't do wait trainning right now do to be in therapy for cerical neck problems. Do bands work well to tone and bulid muscle?     I have been on this plateau for about 5 months now; and it is taking over my confidence and happiness! I get 80-100 grams of protien daily; to much or to little? I am lost for some real answers! Can anyone relate, give me some help; or advise me where to go from here? Thanks, Judy R  P.S.  I am 1yr and 2 months post RNY..

katsunflw
on 4/1/08 3:31 am
Your body is in starvation mode... think about it this way: you have increased your activity, and lowered food intake!!! Your body is wondering if it will be fed, and if it is fed than it should store all the nutrients to keep on hand incase you need them (Excercise).....SO try doing a 20 min HIGH INTENSITY workout once a day, and increase food intake.   Remember this is just MHO but it kicks me into gear.
   ~Kat  

www.blazingstarstables1.com  
deniseg
on 4/1/08 3:54 am - Monticello, AR
I agree with Kat, I think you need to increase your calories....I know it sounds crazy, but trust me it works.  I was stalled for about 3 months, finally increased my calories and lost nearly 10 pounds in six weeks...that's pretty good for being over a year out.  Try increasing your calories by about 100 daily, increase your fluids unless you're getting over 90oz. daily...your protein looks good, you could increase if you wanted to but no more than 125g daily (per my NUT).  You may actually need more carbs in your diet since you're exercising so much.  Here's my NUT's breakdown of daily intakes: FAT:  less than 30% of daily calories, with 10% or less being saturated CARBS:  50% of daily calories, good carbs only....these come from fuits, veggies, whole grains, legumes PROTEIN:  20-25% of daily calories, no more than 125g daily Remember, these are only guidelines.  I keep my fat intake to 20-25% and my protein level is usually over 30%, carbs are usually around 40-43%....but you get the overall idea.  I track on fitday too.  If you follow these guidelines, increase your calories and fluids, I think you'll start to see the scale move again.  Congrats on being pro-active about it! Strength training does burn more fat, but I understand why you can't do it right now.  I can't either, I've just finished 4 weeks of PT for my back and am having a second MRI done tomorrow on my lower back, so I can't do any kind of strenght training with free weights right now.  I'm also wondering about the bands, think I'll post on the exercise board and see if anyone knows anything about them. Good luck to you and let me know if I can help any other way....you can PM me if you want.

DENISE          
Day of surgery weight/BMI:  246/44.9
Goal weight:  135
Current weight/BMI135/24.6---GOAL!!!!!!!!!
Total pounds lost:  111

Most Active