vanilla very berry

deb2552
on 3/31/08 6:05 am
I've heard this is no longer available. Does anyone know if it can still be found?
MaryTeresa
on 4/3/08 1:47 pm - Loveland, OH
Did you mean 

Friday, July 27, 2007

Very Berry Vanilla Frozen Yogurt Sorbet

Okay, so the Ice Cream maker has been working overtime lately! :D I've been trying a new recipe. I'm not usually one for fruit ice creams, but I love smoothies. Long ago, I thought you could just freeze a smoothie and it would be like ice cream. No. Sure does make good popsicles, though. I've always been a fan of Italian Ices (can you say Rita's anyone??), and definitely a sorbet fan. Sorbet, though, is about $4 a pint if you get a good kind. And sherbet, well, that's just sugar and water with food coloring. No thank you! Well, I did a little reading about fruit ice creams, fruit ices and frozen yogurts and have come up with the following for your review and approval (LOL Do I sound official???). There are a few steps, but do not fear, hard work and patience are rewarded with a delicious, creamy, fruity frozen yogurt sorbet. Very Berry Vanilla Frozen Yogurt Sorbet 1 16 oz bag frozen mixed berries (make sure they are not sweetened JUST the fruit) 1/4 Cup Sugar (feel free to use less if you like, but you'll need sweetness to counterbalance the tart fruits) 2 tbs water 2 cups Stoneyfield Farms No Fat Vanilla Yogurt In a medium sauce pan, place berries, sugar and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and stir often. Cook for about 10 minutes - until juice is thickened. Allow fruit to cool to "warm" and pour into a blender. Thoroughly blend the berries until smooth. Strain seeds and reserve the sauce. Place in refridgerator 2 hours (or more****il completely chilled. In a blender mix the 2 cups Yogurt and the fruit puree in a blender until smooth and well mixed. Refridgerate again, for about an hour. Pour this mixture into the ice cream makers bowl and process for 20-25 minutes according to directions from the manufacturer. From this point, you have two choices. Serve as "soft serve" and enjoy thoroughly. Or if you have a strong will, you can freeze 2 hours until firm and THEN serve. :D I'm even considering scooping out with my mini cookie scooper and covering in a chocolate shell type stuff to make frozen bon-bon type stuff.

I found this on the net @  http://goingglutenfree.blogspot.com/2007/07/very-berry-vanil la-frozen-yogurt-sorbet.html Hope this helps.
Most Active