chewable vitamins

deb2552
on 3/29/08 5:30 am
Does everyone out there still take chewable vitamins? I'm 2 yrs out and still cannot stand the taste and I've tried many. Right now, I'm taking the equivalent of centrumsilver chewables, but am not crazy about them. Before surgery I took Shaklee vitamins and could really tell the difference. Any chance of going back to regular vitamins?
Ruby R.
on 3/29/08 7:14 am
Have you tried Optisource?  They have a citurs taste and have the texture of a Tums. Patricia 3/2005  RNY
Amy_in_MA
on 3/29/08 2:03 pm - Danvers, MA
I can't swallow larger non-chewables, so I take Centrum Silver Chewable.

Dave Chambers
on 4/3/08 2:37 am - Mira Loma, CA
I initially used the liquid vitamin Vemma, but found the $60 a month price tag to be too high. I then tried tablets, and I hated taking large tablets more than once daily. I also tried chewables, and I didn't like them either.  I did a little checking on the Internet, and found a liquid vitamin, that I tried. I like it very much--orange punch taste, and only one ounce daily.  I talk about them on my profile page. There is no need to take chewable vitamins the rest of your life if you don't want to. Sublingual, shots or liquids go to work faster than pills. So it's your choice.

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Diana M.
on 4/4/08 5:28 am - NC
Hey!  I am 9 months post op and have been taking the walgreens multivitamin since about 2 months post op.  It is just a walgreens brand of multivitiamin w/ iron and it is smaller than a regular size aspirin.  It has a nice coating on it and I am thrilled to death with it.  BTW, my labs looked brilliant, so, I know it does the job.  This was the MVI recommended to us at the time of my surgery and it's like 3-4 bucks for 100.  Last time I found them b1g1 free.  I couldn't stand the chewy ones.  But if you have to have chewy ones, some people were doing the flinstone gummy vits.  Good luck...and seriously, try those walgreens vits, I'm a nurse and have never found a smaller MVI with iron!
Diana M.
on 4/4/08 5:30 am - NC
$3 -$ 4 dollars....lol...not 34 dollars just in case it looked like that...lol
deb2552
on 4/4/08 1:17 pm
Thanks for the info, Diana. I'll have to try Walgreens. Right now I'm taking the CVS brand equivalent to centrum silver chewables. They're not as bad as some I've tried. Especially the kids!
Diana M.
on 4/4/08 11:35 pm - NC
Remember though, these are not chewable ones that I buy- lol - I would hate for you to go chomping into that vit- eww- would probably stain your teeth too!
deb2552
on 4/5/08 11:14 am
Now that's something that I would do!
Most Active