any spicy food that you tolerate?

kainoa
on 3/24/08 3:44 pm - HI
Hi Ya'll, I love spicy food and I'm just wondering if any of you can tolerate anything spicy?  I'm 3 days post-op and just curious. Thanks.
prazzzhim
on 3/24/08 10:36 pm - marthasville, MO
I love spicey foods. I can eat all of it  now. I didn't try for the 1st yr, but now(21/2 yrs postop) I have no problem enjoying it. Brenda
(deactivated member)
on 3/25/08 2:17 am - Cleveland Heights, OH
I loved spicy food before surgery, and I still love it!  In fact, I think I prefer spicier/hotter food more now than before surgery!  When I was allowed to have refried beans, which I think was permitted when I was on pureed/soft foods, I ate refried beans with a healthy dose of hot sauce.  Everything I'd been eating up to that point had been pretty bland, so I felt like I'd died and gone to heaven when I ate those spicy-hot beans.  When I was released to eat more solid foods, I ate Wendy's chili, again liberally cranked up with hot sauce.  Yum - Anyway, I'm 29 months post op and enjoy spicy foods frequently, and soon so will you!!! Kellie
Lori A.
on 3/25/08 7:49 am - West Bath, ME
I'm 6 months post op and i can't seem to stop eating Franks hot sauce...lol Seems like everything I put in my mouth these days has to have a big ol' dose of the stuff, and i haven't had any issues with it yet and I've been eating it for about a month now. ~Lori
Starting Weight: 303
Current Weight: 150
Goal Weight: 110
POUNDS LEFT TO LOSE: 40
You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It's called perseverance. -Lee Iacocca
Most Active