protien ex?

Muukie917
on 3/24/08 6:08 am - Manhattan Beach, CA
Anyone ever hear of Protien ex ?

Any information about where to get it and or information about it would be great
    Life should not be measured by the numbers of breathe we take but by                      the moments that take our breathe away....      
                                   PROUD WIFE OF AN US AIRMAN

cbhjr98
on 3/28/08 7:58 pm
I am assuming you are referring to "Protinex" (pronounced Protien Ex) - I actually have some, it's made by Wockhardt Labs - mostly found in Europe/India where it is manufactured. I bought mine in India. My surgeon recommended it but I hesitate before trying it because one 30g serving contains 9.3g of sugar with 9.6g of protein.  You are supposed to add 30g of powder to 200ml (approx 6 oz) of milk which adds another like 8g of sugars then the can says "add sugar to taste and stir".  I am 5 months post op and have never drank either of the flavors I have because my sugar limits are about 15g in any one setting and one service of this is nearly 20g - OUCH.  I know it comes in vanilla and chocolate. My asst surgeon uses it as a meal supplement himself but only the chocolate for his tastes.  He says you can drink it warm.  Not sure what info you are looking for though... hope this helps. PS: I only know about it because I had my surgery in India where it's manufactured and it's like the only protein you can buy in the area and can get it from the Chemist (pharmacies) in the hospital.

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
Most Active