suggested meals...

nallen
on 3/24/08 4:31 am - baytown, TX
does anyone have any suggestions on eating a good breakfast... I am having a hard time tearing away from bacon..... and carbs... and I hate yogurt. looking for some support on how to control those urges for unhealthy meats from breakfast and poor choices for lunch.... I am about 40 lbs down, and starting to struggle with food selections... any help would be great!
(deactivated member)
on 3/24/08 6:30 am - Cleveland Heights, OH
I eat Quaker Weight Control oatmeal almost every morning for breakfast.  It's got more carbs than some can handle, but it has a reasonable amount of protein and a good amount of fiber, which helps keep things moving.   Sometimes I'll have homemade egg salad on one piece of whole-grain toast.  I make my egg salad with low-fat mayo, and I only use enough to moisten it up without making it super goopy.  If I'm at home, sometimes I'll scramble a couple eggs and sprinkle it with low-fat cheese.   You hate yogurt, but do you like other low-fat dairy products, such as cottage cheese or ricotta cheese?  I've seem some good sounding recipes for pudding-type things that are made with ricotta cheese or cottage cheese, and sugar-free jello.  String cheese can also be a good choice - usually about 60 calories per oz. in the light versions and about 8 grams of protein.   Are you one of those folks that really like traditional breakfast foods, or are you willing to make different choices for breakfast?  For a while I would eat rolled-up turkey lunchmeat from the deli for breakfast, sometimes with a little cheese for flavor/texture variations.  Try thinking outside your normal idea for breakfast things and see if you can come up with things that will work for you!   Good luck finding some options that work for you, and good luck on your continuing journey -  Kellie
tabstattooed
on 3/24/08 7:48 am - marion, AR
i eat egg beaters and turkey sausage (by jimmy dean). not an egg or meat person, but doing ok with these. and i cook both in the micro-flame (microwave) hope you get lots of ideas, I am interested too. I am almost 7 yrs post op and sick of food.  goodluck tabs

5ft0....sw 233,lw 133,gw 135,cw 193..........
I am not doing so good in this part of my journey...9 yrs later. :-(

agolder
on 3/28/08 11:12 pm
What really works for me is an eggbeater omelet; 1 eggbeater. 1 Kraft Fat-Free America Cheese 1 Oscar-Mayors Canadian style bacon. I make it with PAN. Only 85 calories, 1g fat, 3g carbs and 16g protein
Most Active