diet

dana S.
on 3/23/08 10:46 pm - brooklyn, NY
HI I AM 6 YEARS POST OP FROM RNY SURGERY I LOST 117 LBS. 16 MONTHS AFTER MY SURGERY I GOT PREGANT.GAINED 20LBS SINCE MY PREGANCY.AFTER THE BIRTH OF MY DAUGHTER I DEVELPOED AN UNDERACTIVE THYROID. I HAVE BEEN STRUGGLING TO LOSE SINCE.ANY ADVICE ON HOW MUCH I SHOULD BE EATING AND WHAT TO EAT.I CURRENTY WEIGH 242.BEFORE SURGERY I WAS 328.16 MONTHS AFTER SURGERY I WAS 217LBS.ANY ADVICE. I AM CURRENTY TAKING SYNTHROID.125 AND CYTOMEL.05.           THANKS DANA.
cutie3pie5
on 3/25/08 12:59 am - Lexington, SC
Hi Dana, I am sorry to hear that you are going through this.  I was just reading an article this weekend in one of my health magazines that really talked about thyroid issues and it was really really informative.   I do think that because you had RNY surgery, you definitely need specialized treatment since our post-op bodies work differently now.   I know protein is very important - 60 - 80 grams a day is ideal.  Fluids is very important 60 - 80 oz or higher a day (sugar free).  Veggies and fruits with meals is also important.   Do you exercise?  In the article that I read over the weekend said that exercise can be a very important part of weigh management in a person who has hypothyroidism because it helps boost metabolism when hypothyroidism can slow a persons metabolism down.   I would definitely talk to a professional on this one.  Do you have access to your surgeon who can also point you in the right direction to talk to a professional? Hope this helps, good luck!!! ~Shannon
Most Active