Anyone use GNC chewable Calcium citrate?

amitya
on 3/23/08 12:54 pm - Alvin, TX
I am pre-op and trying to find a Calcium Citrate for before and after.  I havent seen any posts on it on any of the boards that i have been to, so i just wanted to check. Their nutrition labels says 600mg per wafer of Calcuim but it includes both Calcium citrate and Calcium Gluconate.  Will this a sufficient calcium supplement? Thanks in advance for your help and advice!
Amity
262start/140current/140goal
RNY 4/21/08

Dave Chambers
on 3/23/08 11:57 pm - Mira Loma, CA
You need calcium citrate only. I've seen those blends too, and also calcium carbonate. Those are not correct for RNYers.  If you go to a health food store you should be able to find chewable calcium citrate, calcium citrate powders to mix with food, and calcium citrate liquids.  You can also find them online with a little searching.

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

amitya
on 3/24/08 12:03 am - Alvin, TX
Thanks so much!  I appreciate the response! Have a great day!
Amity
262start/140current/140goal
RNY 4/21/08

sarard
on 3/24/08 2:37 am - Costa Mesa, CA
You can use this form of calcium. It's fine. However, check the price. It may be expensive and regular CitraCal is pretty inexpensive and can be found at most pharmacies and discount stores.
Sara Nejat-Bina, RD, CNSD, CDE
Registered Dietitian
Most Active