Weigh****chers good or bad?

Stephanie1983
on 3/19/08 7:39 am - spring hill, FL

I am sure this question has come up several times but I could use some input. My husband whants us to try Weigh****chers. I have tried it several time and never lost much weight and it always made me feel I had to eat to much. I am wondering what is your take on Weigh****chers and has it worked? Or is there any other diets that makes it easy to follow without being starved or put on all meat? Thanks for the help.

LizzyL
on 3/19/08 7:54 am - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
Hi Stephanie did you have the weight loss surgery ? if you did .... and if you do join, do not mention to them that you had weight loss surgery it is non of their business... just go weigh in and sit in their group meetings learn , get some diet tips and good strong support from everyone there if you tell them that you had WLS , i have heard some weigh****cher centers turning us WLS patients away. so do not tell them. its non of their business. i am almost 4 years post op and i am on weigh****chers to be honest weigh****chers is helping me to be MORE aware of measuring  and portion control weigh****chers also helps me to stay within my points and calories for the day i eat like a normal person....protein, vegies,fruit....etc. i don't starve myself at all on weigh****chers. i am on the Flex diet on weigh****chers the core diet on weigh****chers is no carbs - which your group WW leader will go over that with you if you do join i like weigh****chers because it also gives me some support when i need a little push good luck to you and your hubby :-) hugss Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

teachrmom
on 3/19/08 11:26 am - Enfield, CT
RNY on 06/14/06 with
Hi,  I am so glad that I found this post.  I am thinking about going.  I have about 20 more pounds I would like to lose and I think that the meetings might help me, I have always done better with a group setting.  Thanks for the tip, I will keep my surgery status to myself. Hugs, Tracy
LizzyL
on 3/20/08 12:23 pm - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
you're welcome Tracy good luck to you :-) you can email me if you have questions hugss Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

JustaSouthernGirl76
on 3/20/08 12:02 pm - VA
HI Lizzy,   Could you explain how weigh****chers works? I went to their site and things have changed quite a bit from what I remember. What is the cheapest route to take? Which plan is easier to follow given our wls status? I would LOVE to lose about 25 lbs and I'm not doing so hot on my own. When I was bigger I thought no way can I lose 100+ pounds and now I feel the same way about this last 25... Any advice you can send my way would be greatly appreciated. Hugs, Jamie
Never Give Up!
LizzyL
on 3/20/08 12:22 pm - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
Hello :-) the cheapest rout to take is ... Pay as you go to weigh****chers do not to the monthly pass. don't do anything else just pick Pay as you go  i believe right now Weigh****chers is having a special - no registation fee's  check with your local WW's center. As for the Diet plan i choose the FLEX diet plan because i would like to have some bread once in a while on the Core Diet plan..... it's very strict diet. your Weigh****chers leader will go over everything with you at the end of the WW's meeting you must stay once you first join so they can go over everything with you. The Flex diet plan is fantastic because it teaches you to measure your foods properly  and you have to count your points and write everything down what you eat during the day which is great because then you will STAY ON TRACK on your diet :-) and plus if you exercise WW's gives you EXTRA points durings that and also on top of that ....i believe they give you another 35 extra points. but i right now i am totally blank, i can't remember right now lol ask questions at your WW's meeting. then if you want to go out on the weekend with your family or friends.... then you have your extra points your WW's leader will go over everything with you. eat all your points up because if you don't you will not lose weight its like staying within your calorie intake and not going below it. do not get lazy and slack off on writing your food down because it all helps you. measure all your foods  if you have low points like i do ( I have 21 points ) and you are still hungry....  you can eat ZERO point foods.  :-) LOOK those foods up in the complete food companion book buy the weigh****chers books the complete dining out book  and the book complete food companion book if you are not sure how much points a food is  you MUST look it up and write it down in your food dairy book don't second guess on how much points a food is... go get the complete food companion book and look the food up like i said weigh****chers is helping me A LOT i only have to lose 20 more lbs myself :-) good luck to you and if you have anymore questions please feel free to email me :-) best wishes hugss Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

JustaSouthernGirl76
on 3/20/08 10:48 pm - VA
Thank you so much Lizzy...I keep thinking it's only 25 lbs I can do it and I'm really excited to get started with WW and get this weight gone for good! Hugs, Jamie
Never Give Up!
ECUMindy
on 3/27/08 5:21 am - Winterville, NC
I definitely think WW is a good thing. My husband and I both did WW a little over a year ago and he lost 50 pounds and I lost 30 pounds (in about 4-5 months)... the flex plan is easy to follow and it doesn't "limit" you to certain foods like other diets... WW is big on focusing on the "life change" aspect of it. We did well on it until "life happened". My husband's brother took his life and everything went down hill from there. Plus, we both were morbidly obese and were having trouble having kids.  I decided to go the WLS route b/c it was recommended by a doctor and was a really good way to get healthy to start a family. If you don't have that much weight to lose, WW is a great resource.  I think if you are 100 pounds or more overweight, while poeple have lost it on WW, it may be harder to keep it off. Good luck to you in whatever you decide!

Melinda
373/334/184/188/175/ - Highest/Surgery/Lowest-PrePregnancy/Current/First Goal

It's a BOY!

Cheryl N.
on 5/25/08 6:03 am - Des Moines, WA
I am not a strong advocate of WW.  I feel that they encourage you to eat anything you want as long as you count.  From what I've seen people tend to waste points on empty calories/junk food.  Just my 2 cents.
Most Active