Red Meat

Renee D.
on 3/19/08 2:40 am - St. Charles, MO

I am curious about the general restriction on red meat after surgery.  My doc say's 6 months, but I know some doc's don't really restrict it.  Any feedback would be wonderful. Thanks!

It's so much fun being a loser!!!!
dsnyfrk75
on 3/19/08 3:31 am
I was told no red meat for 3 months after surgery.  Then when you first try it, to eat ground beef crumbles and work your way up to steak.  I have had ground beef in chili and I seem to tolerate it but I won't pu**** with a steak yet. 

Mary
LizzyL
on 3/19/08 8:00 am - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
Hi Renee like you , i couldn't eat red meat until i was about 6 months post op i don't eat red meats everyday although once in a blue moon in the summer time   i feel like having steak or a burger. i love steak if you do eat red meats get the healthier lean steak and meats :-) hugs Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

prazzzhim
on 3/19/08 9:41 am - marthasville, MO
and CHEW CHEW CHEW.
ECUMindy
on 3/27/08 5:33 am - Winterville, NC
I'm just approaching 6 months and I've finally begun eating steak (small portions occassionally) again. I was able to eat ground hamburger 3 or 4 months out, but be leary of eating it so soon after. The first 3 months are the worst when it comes to eat meatings, but I was able to tolerate fish, chicken and some softer meats after about 1 month or so...  good luck!

Melinda
373/334/184/188/175/ - Highest/Surgery/Lowest-PrePregnancy/Current/First Goal

It's a BOY!

Most Active