CAFFEINE..YES-NO

JCDAD
on 3/18/08 9:43 am
RNY on 02/04/08 with
LIKE OTHERS I ENJOY MY MORNING CUP OF COFFEE. WHEN I ASKED MY DIETICIAN WHETHER THE CAFFEINE WAS DANGEROUS TO THE POST OP SURGERY AND HER RESPONSE WAS NO......WELL THAT GAVE ME MY FREEDOM TO HAVE IT. ANY HEALTH REASONS NOT TO TAKE CAFFEINE? JOHN
luv4mysoldier
on 3/18/08 2:19 pm - Phenix City, AL
It has been shown to induce hunger.  I also know it can be harsh on the pouch.
.Anita R.
on 3/19/08 1:42 pm - Stafford, VA

Don't take your vitamins near coffee time especially iron...  Coffee and Iron are enemies!  I gotta have both!   Anita

kimmyo
on 3/20/08 4:10 am
Caffeine also leaches calcium from our bodies. Caffeine is also linked to ulcers. I don't want to be thin and in pain or think and hunched over just for a cup of coffee/latte or a coke.  I'd skip it.  I gave up my iced tea about 4 weeks ago and that was painful but I know that I need to do it.
249/235/136.6/135 HW/SW/CW/GW
.Anita R.
on 3/21/08 7:53 am - Stafford, VA
Protein leaches calcium from our bodies too!! You need calcium to make protein acids  neutral!  More protein...more calcuim you need! So that's why we have to take extra! But yeah...There is usually nothing all that good about those things that are addictive.  I gave up smoking and gained 80 lbs...which gave me diabetes and arthritis and thyroid troubles and a ahiatal hernia and severe depression....and ultimately had to have weight loss surgery... Sometimes giving up one bad thing sets off a snowball of disaster... So what's one to do?  I'm not giving up sex because I could get an STD...Not giving up going to the beach for fear of sun cancer....Not going to stop driving on friday nights because people might be out driving home drunk from the bar....Not going to start looking for a burial plot for my son because he joined the army....Life is about living... Ever see how farmers treat our live food?  Or what they pump into these animals to keep them alive long enough to make our meat and our protein powders?  Ever wonder what steroids or antibiotics or mad cow diseases we might be spinning around in our blenders and sucking down every morning?   I have never seen or heard of a mad coffee bean diseased!  hehehe...Just kidding... Just a thought...Moderation is always a safe bet without quitting everything "they" say is bad for us...who is "they" anyway?
Most Active