Am I taking in too much?

Ansampson
on 3/18/08 11:48 am
I am eight days post op and supposed to be on a full liquid diet. However, I think I may be over doing it to say the least.  I've had watered down grits, mash potatoes, liquified green beans, and today I stepped out a bit farther and had a small order of Wendy's chilli (yes I put it in the blender first) and some more green beans. No I did not measure the amount I was taking in. What's the rule of thumb.
(deactivated member)
on 3/18/08 10:45 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH
Your pouch is so small at this point, that it's unlikely your taking in too much.  Are the things you listed within your surgeon's guidelines?  They would not have fit my nutritional guidelines for a liquid diet, but every surgeon is different.   The chili probably was an okay choice because it has a decent amount of protein.  But the grits, mashed potatoes, and green beans do not offer much protein, so may not have been your best choices.  This early out from surgery, you really need to focus on protein - it helps your body heal faster, plus most surgeons want us on high protein diets at this point.   Anyway, I'd suggest checking with your surgeon or nutritionist for more information.  Good luck on your continuing journey -  Kellie
Most Active