cravings

peanutpatty
on 3/15/08 6:10 pm - Midlothian, TX
Can someone please explain to me why I such terrible cravings for sugar and chocolate? Yes, I have been "off the wagon" for sometime now and I have regain 50 lbs. I just can't seem to beat the cravings. I get shaky and cranky and feel like I am going to go nuts if I can't get any. I did so well for about 3 years. I have 4 1/2 years out a gastric bypass and I initially lost 130 lbs. Thanks, Jane.
mystic
on 3/16/08 11:02 am - manchester, NJ
well you prob need to clean your system out before these cravings go away and u can get back to losing some weight again. perhaps you need to try the five day pouch test which many ppl. seem to use to get back to basics and jump start their bodies again. maybe some nutrition bars can help you with the chocolate craving.  i use many of the atkins bars they are very low in sugar and high in protein and scratch my itch for sweets. good luck, jacki

peanutpatty
on 3/17/08 12:08 am - Midlothian, TX
Thanks, Jacki I have ordered some protein powder and a yahoo group that is just for postops who are having issues. I hope to find a support group close by and I have bought a new bike to start riding. Thanks for the encouragement. Jane.
vlo
on 4/2/08 6:35 am - Mountain View, CA
VSG on 01/08/08 with
I have heard that some post op patients get anti hunger supressants. Have you tried talking to your surgeon about Ivatril or something else to help? Good luck in your research! Vanessa :o)
Most Active