Diet soda

careday
on 3/15/08 9:11 pm - Eau Claire, WI
Does anyone know about the effects of soda on your stomach  I am a year post op and been told that it streches your stomach I need any advice on this.  Please
sharlenew
on 3/16/08 1:29 am - Steelville, MO
I am 1 yr post op also.  Before my surgery I was a diet pepsi addict.  I was actually afraid that I wouldn't be able to give up my soda.  But, I did take a few sips a couple of weeks ago.  I started by buying the little cans and letting it set out and get flat.  I put it over ice and sat down to enjoy.  Well, it was awful.  So I forgot about it until my grandson had a "real" soda fountain pepsi and I took a few sips of that.  It tasted pretty good but not like it used to and I didn't explode but I also realized how much my taste has changed.  I am not saying that I won't ever have another sip sometime but its not a craving anylonger so maybe it was worth finding that out. Good luck, I hope this helped.

Hugs,
Sharlene
jenfar123
on 3/16/08 10:47 am
I think this is a myth that has been debunked by recent research, but has held on from the early days of weight loss surgery.  It was recently addressed by Dr. Curry.  However, good reasons to continue to avoid it:  there has been evidence that it prevents calcium absorption to your bones, and also may make you feel hungrier and have more difficulty loosing weight because it fools your bodies insulin response into thinking it is getting sugar.
Most Active