Coffee Ice cream

eyeswideopen
on 3/11/08 3:53 am - Matthews, NC
I love coffee flavored ice cream. Does anyone have a recipe or "trick" to get the flavor and not get the stuff I shouldn't have? Thanks
DixieDarling
on 3/11/08 5:39 am - Douglasville, GA
I make frozen treats using my blender & ice cubes; very similar to a sorbet.  I use the powdered nonfat milk as the main base which also increases my protein intake.  Experiment with a variety of flavors, includling coffee.  I would use the dry instant coffee, not the brewed type.  That way, if you want a stronger coffee flavor, the instant coffee will not overliquify your mix.  Put it in the freezer to get it as firm as you like it.  I make a chocolate flavor using either the SF cocoa mix or SF Nestle Quick.
eyeswideopen
on 3/11/08 11:52 pm - Matthews, NC
Thank you for the info! I will try that recipe and see what happens. I love the pic of your pup! very very cute! Carol
mystic
on 3/11/08 10:18 am - manchester, NJ
hey there my younger son lives in Matthews, maybe you are neighbors lol. i just buy no sugar added ice cream when i crave some.  its been working for me.  i do try and buy the individual pops though because buying a half gallon is still dangerous for me, its calls me from the freezer. even my hubby has been eating the no sugar added stuff so it must taste ok, man he is a fussy one. some that i use are blue bunny, skinny cow.  breyers and edys also make NSA products good luck, jacki

eyeswideopen
on 3/11/08 11:51 pm - Matthews, NC
Wouldn't that be a hoot if he was my neighbor! Is he single???  I have not been able to find coffee ice cream except by Hagen Das and I know I can't have that.  Thank you for your response! Carol
mystic
on 3/12/08 5:32 am - manchester, NJ
hey there yes he is single are you???  i bought the breyers no sugar added butter pecan today, will let you know how that goes. hugs, jacki

eyeswideopen
on 3/14/08 6:37 am - Matthews, NC
Yes I am single. I am 44yrs young. How about your son?
mystic
on 3/14/08 8:22 am - manchester, NJ
hey i think he is a weeee bit young for you. he is only 28, my baby so to speak. i told him that i was talking on the board to someone from matthews though. who knows you might run into him sometime. have a great weekend, jacki

eyeswideopen
on 3/16/08 11:11 pm - Matthews, NC
Yep, he could be "my baby" at his age! I shopped around this weekend and found several brands of coffee ice cream but they were not sugar free. I guess they don't think that people n the south like stuff sugar free! I did look around in the coffee isle to see if there was any type of flavoring I could add, but I could not really find anything. Oh well.. I guess it's not meant to be. Thanks again for your info. Carol
mystic
on 3/16/08 11:37 pm - manchester, NJ
i will keep my eyes open for you and let you know if i find anything. maybe vanilla with some sf coffee syrup would work for you?? davinci makes good syrups and  torani good luck, jacki

Most Active