How do I measure protein without a nutrition label?

Laura M.
on 3/11/08 2:19 am - St. Bonifacius, MN
I am wondering how to figure out how much protein is in something when it doesn't have a nutrition label? For example: I had a 1/2 cup of venison for supper, and I don't know how to figure the protein count on that. Is there a standard rule, or a good web-site to look at? Thanks
Christine C.
on 3/11/08 2:47 am - Port Deposit, MD
I track most of my food on www.dailyplate.com  Even "generic" items are found in there and it breaks down all of their nutrition content.  I popped in Venison for my search and it came back asking if it was venison roast (4oz is 27g of protein); venison stew (2 cups is 28g protein); ground venison (1oz is 6g of protein), etc. May be worth taking a peek  :)
Christine

Laura M.
on 3/11/08 2:58 am - St. Bonifacius, MN
Thank-you, I will look there, it was ground venison, that is great that they have it on there. Thanks!
mystic
on 3/11/08 10:19 am - manchester, NJ
i use sparkpeople to track my food. there is also a site called fitday they all work

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/08 8:00 am
Hi, Laura... I've always used a simple "rule" that for 1 oz of meat there are about 7g of protein. Different journalling sites sometimes list different figures from eachother, but are still useful. Ro
Most Active