How much Calcium a day

Sherry65
on 3/10/08 9:51 am - Las Vegas, NV
I take the BA calcium twice a day(per directions on bottle )They are 400 mg. a piece which comes to 800 a day..I read we should be taking 1000 mg a day.Please can anyone give me the correct info. Thanks, Sherry
Sherry

Three Rules to Life, Give it your all, Never take anything for granted and always smile at what life might throw at you!
(deactivated member)
on 3/10/08 10:11 am - San Juan Capistrano, CA
RNY on 07/11/07 with
I think it may not be the same for all of us.   For those of us who have Osteoporosis, it needs to be 1500 mg a day, taken three times a day, 500 mg each time.   Also, for younger women, if osteoporosis runs in the family, they may want to take a little more than then reccomendation for everyone else.   Your Doctor should be able to tell you what's right for you.
JeanneB_RD
on 3/10/08 10:16 am
I would definitely recommed a higher calcium level between 1500-2000mg per day. 2000mg right after surgery and 1500mg 4-6 months post-op. Taking it in 500mg doses is best for the proper absorption.
Jeanne Barnett, RD
Registered Dietitian, Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!
Sherry65
on 3/10/08 10:22 am - Las Vegas, NV
Thank you both for the info. Sherry
Sherry

Three Rules to Life, Give it your all, Never take anything for granted and always smile at what life might throw at you!
butterjoy
on 3/12/08 5:54 am - Elkview, WV
WHAT IS BA CALCIUM?

* Our family is a circle of love and strength. With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love. Every obstacle faced together makes the circle stronger. The love of a family is life's greatest blessing.   
     I have reached my goal! Praying angel:9896

Sherry65
on 3/12/08 11:01 am - Las Vegas, NV
Bariatric Advantage brand calcium. Sherry
Sherry

Most Active