Diabetes type II and hyperthyroidism..I am stuck

Sombrero_Sue
on 3/10/08 12:00 pm - NE PA, PA
Hi everyone,  I was banded on 11/5/07 and have lost nothing more than during my pre op and post op liquid phase.  I have diabetes type II and hyperthyroidism and was told at some point that I could basically starve myself and never lose a pound.  It appears this is the case as I have lost nothing more than the origional 11 lbs that I lost during the liquid phase.   I eat protein, veggies, and some fruits, very little carbs, little sugar and no added sugar but I am at wits end here.  I feel like I am trying to work a tool that is not for this job.  Any suggestions as to what I can eat to foster the scale to move even a little?  I am getting so very frustrated adn feel like I am fighting the same losing weight loss battle I did before being banded.  any suggestions would be appreciated Susan

Life is too long to be miserable
Emmorph
on 3/14/08 10:17 pm - Australia

First let me say... I am NOT banded.  So whether this helps or works for banded people... I am not sure:

I have been looking into psyllium husks to add to my diet for extra fibre.  Apparently they get things moving and thus aid weight loss, but interstingly (for you with Type 2 diabetes) the psyllium husks are meant to help regulate blood sugar levels too.  Anyway, just a thought.

Em

Style presumes that you are a person of interest, that the world is a place of interest, that life is worth making the effort for.
Don't be afraid that your life will end,
be afraid that it will never begin.

Know how to prevent sagging?
Just eat till the wrinkles fill out.

Sombrero_Sue
on 3/15/08 3:33 am - NE PA, PA
Good'ay EM. Thanks for the info.  I pass by the healthfood store on my way to work and will definately check it out.  Thanks so much. 

Life is too long to be miserable
Most Active