Typical Day's Menu?

Sarah76010
on 3/6/08 9:48 pm - Mansfield, TX
Hi all! I'm waiting for approval on a revision with Dr. Wade Barker. I've been farming information from this site, but I've not run across any posts that contain folk's typical menus for a day. I REALLY want to be successful, and reading about protein grams isn't giving me a good mental picture of what the ACTUAL food would be. Please share with me your typical menu for a day. THANKS!!!!!! Sarah
Becky_M
on 3/7/08 12:54 am - Northwest, GA

I tend to eat the same things over and over… it’s just easier

Breakfast

100% whole wheat tortilla with a scrambled egg, low fat cheese, and fresh spinach; or

5 minute oatmeal with an egg poached in it and a handful of blueberries thrown in

Lunch

Low carb Smart Ones (there are about 3 that I choose from) with a Wendy’s side salad that I dress in rice vinegar and a mini whole wheat pita

Dinner

Some type of grilled meat (usually chicken or beef), a little rice, potatoes, or pasta, and a veggie or two.  My main veggies are broccoli and any type of beans.  I usually try to make a salad with dinner.

Snack

My favorite snack is Triskets (sp?) with mustard or Tabasco sauce.  I can do a few cookies, plain cake, or those snack size candies on occasion, but I don’t have much of a sweet tooth plus I’m blessed to be a dumper so…….

Becky
cutie3pie5
on 3/7/08 5:38 am - Lexington, SC
Hi Sarah, I don't know what stage or how long out you are from surgery but I can give you an idea of what I do at almost 3 years out:  Just in general I eat every couple of hours.  I am not one that can do just 3 meals a day, I get too hungry.  Breakfast will be either no sugar added yogurt with a sprinkling of Special K Protein Plus, or oatmeal with milk, or a Low Carb Slim Fast/ No Sugar Added Carnation Instant Breakfast Snack is usually fruit with peanut butter, mixed low sodium nuts, South Beach High Protein Cereal Bar, pudding, jello and things like that.  Lunch is anything with protein, veggies and/or small amt of fruit (no sugar added applesauce, banana, etc)  I will also eat a small amt of complex carbs during the meal (whole grain bread, crackers, rice, potatoes, etc) I have recently been enjoying tuna packets with whole wheat crackers and an applesauce.  But I eat what I am in the mood for and make it work for me. I'll try in the mid afternoon drink milk with sugar free carnation instant breakfast to keep the protein levels up. Dinner will be similiar to lunch: chicken/turkey/ham/steak, veggies and possibly a very small scoop of brown rice/mashed potatoes. I do eat carbs, and am instructed by my dietician because I work out, but that may not be okay for others, so I would follow what was originally set for you. Wishing you a lot of luck.  Hope this lends some insight... ~Shannon
Sarah76010
on 3/7/08 11:19 am - Mansfield, TX
Thank you both SO much! I feel so much smarter. It's hard to visualize the translation of protein grams to actual food. I appreciate you both! sarah
Most Active