calorie intake 4 years out

wildrose021
on 3/4/08 6:45 am - MN
I'm almost 4 years out and my calorie intake is 1,300 to 1,750 a day, I was wondering if that sounds too high, ive gained 30 lbs from my lowest weight, i've maintained now for about a year but I want to lose 15 lbs, should I drop my calorie intake, because I havent really lost any weight on this amount of calories? Any advice would be great. thanks
(deactivated member)
on 3/4/08 9:47 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH
Each person's daily calorie needs vary based on weight, exercise, and their metabolism.  So based on the limited information you've provided, it's difficult to say what changes you may need to make to lose weight.  You may need to add exercise and cut back calories, you may need to change the composition of what you're eating, you may need to drink more fluids, etc.  You may be able to get more specific guidance by working with a local nutritionist or registered dietician.   Good luck on your continuing journey -  Kellie
SapphireS7
on 3/5/08 4:40 am - Glendale, CA
Oh mi gosh, I am almost four years out as well and have also gained 30 pounds and wish to drop about 15 of it (I was too small up top when I was at my lowest so don't want to go back down that far until I see what happens) and have really struggled with this.  I've just recently put a few posts out there but had to let you know I'm with you, I feel for you and I wish you luck.  Mine so far was related to some emotional issues I had with a bacterial infection I contracted from Plastic Surgery last year that wasn't handled correctly, which brought on a bought of transfer addiction issues and then the weight gain.  I'm just starting to really get my life back in order and it seems the last part to get in order will be the weight...good luck and thanks for sharing so that we know we aren't alone.
Mirabelle
on 3/7/08 3:55 am, edited 3/7/08 7:29 pm
To loose one pound per week you need to drop 500 calories off you regular intake,,,2 pounds per wk 1000 calories....there is no getting around it unless you burn a very high metabolism. Not for me anyway.
Most Active