How Many Calories...How Much Protein???

dreamgirl119
on 3/3/08 8:41 pm - Lansdowne, PA
I am almost 14 months post-op. To keep my weight loss moving along with exercise how many calories & how much protein should I have per day?? Can anyone help!  Don't have a format from my Nutritionest.
cutie3pie5
on 3/3/08 10:28 pm - Lexington, SC
Hi dreamgirl119, great to have you.  I am not a dietician or nutritionist but share my personal experience to try and help out.   Here is what was given to me for being 1+ year out: 1000 calories a day 60-80 grams of protein (some post ops have higher amounts, some do not) 80 -100 carbs (max 100) - THIS Will differ with everyone, but because I exercised heavily I had to be on a higher complex carbohydrate count per day Limited Fat intake  Minimum of 64oz of liquids a day 2 protein shakes (No sugar added - carnation instant breakfast, slimfast low carb, or other protein shakes with no sugar) (Note: being 2+ years out, my caloric needs have changed and have increased to settle at about 1400-1700 per day)  Now this was my personal plan that was given to me by my surgeon and dietician.  I know everyone is different so I definitely suggest running this by your surgeon's staff to make sure you are getting exactly what you need.   I hope this helps.  GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!! ~Shannon
dreamgirl119
on 3/4/08 1:23 am - Lansdowne, PA
Thanks, Shannon
Most Active