2 weeks 3 days post op...Help with Protein,Carbs and Calories

mamaharen
on 2/29/08 1:58 am - Lemoore, CA
OK...I am wondering how many proteins and carbs I should be getting in a day.  Also what about calories.  My NUT here on our military base is very un-informative.  I need help.  My doc does not believe in protein drinks either, so my protein is coming strictly from my food.
Surgery Date: Feb 12, 2008
PreOp 232 * TL- 83 * Current WT 149

GETTING THIN...N...LOVING LIFE!!! 

cutie3pie5
on 2/29/08 3:42 am, edited 2/29/08 3:45 am - Lexington, SC
Hello mamaharen, I know every surgeon's office is different as far as requirements for their patients but to just give you an idea of a plan, I will share with you my post op surgery plan: (PLEASE make sure to consult with your surgeon's staff before making any adjustments to your plan) (weeks 1) If you are still on liquids you can do lowfat milk with no sugar added carnation instant breakfast, brothes, protein shakes, low carb slimfast, crystal light, and no sugar added jello. (weeks 2-3) If you are on the pureed stage you can do soft protein pureed, like soups, mashed potatoes with gravy mixed together (this was approved for me, but may not be for others!), baby  food (or make your own!), sugar free puddings, jello, etc. (after week 3) When you are finally cleared to start soft foods and then regular foods, my plan was for 3 meals a day to consist of protein, veggies and a small amt of fruit.  In addition:  2 protein shakes (carnation instant breakfast, low carb slimfast, no sugar protein shakes.)  The breakout is  (about 600 calories, 50-80 grams of protein, max 80 carbs, and plenty of liquids was about the caloric intake suggested to me) You can also have sugar free popsicles, sugar free jello/puddings, brothes and things like that.   I hope this helps.  But I do urge you to consult with your surgeon's staff to make sure that you get an approved plan if possible.  :) Good luck!! ~Shannon
jillianD
on 2/29/08 6:09 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Hi I am also on a military base (Ft. Lewis) and our nut and surgical team want us to work up to 80- 120 g of protein daily and drinks are recommended.  They do so many surgries that they have a whole program that all the Dr.s agree to.  We aren't given calories or fat grams or anything like that yet though. Good luck!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Most Active