What did I do wrong?

mrsmarlin
on 2/29/08 8:08 am - Pomona, NY

I am almost five weeks out from Lap Band Surg.  Last night I snacked on edamame, cashews and had a teaspoon of baby food prunes.  The prunes were too sweet for me to eat.  I accounted for them on my FitDay.com journal and was well within my calorie, protein, and fat limits.  This morning, 6 a.m. I awoke with watery diarrhea  for the entire day and could not go to work.  What do you think did it?  The edamame, cashews, I did not eat much prunes at all.  Any help so I can avoid this road again would be appreciated...Ellen

Dave Chambers
on 3/1/08 2:54 am - Mira Loma, CA
I had RNY in May 2006. I attend bariatric support groups and they have one major recommendations for new post ops. TRY ONE NEW FOOD per day. If you have a problem like youi mentioned, you'll know what food caused it.  My guess it was the cashews or prunes. My wife and I both eat dried peas, and don't have any problem with them. Dried peas have 6 grams or protein paer 1/4 cup. Look up "nutritional value of dried peas" and you'll see a web site www.whfoods.com and the rest of the link. Tells you all the nutrional values. You could google the same thing about any food, and get good data.

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

mrsmarlin
on 3/1/08 9:50 am - Pomona, NY
Thanks so much Dave.  You are absolutely right...Will slow down and do one a day...Ellen
Most Active