Iron question

Sherry65
on 2/27/08 8:13 am, edited 2/27/08 8:44 am - Las Vegas, NV
I have to start taking Iron and I remember reading that you should not take it with caffine,is this correct?Also when is the best time to take it? Sherry
Sherry

Three Rules to Life, Give it your all, Never take anything for granted and always smile at what life might throw at you!
Lynn J
on 2/27/08 8:35 am - LA
Sherry, I think that you are supposed to take it alone with Vit C and not within 2 hours of calcium or any dairy products.  I take my iron with C as soon as I wake up and have nothing after, except a protein shake, for 2 hours.

Lynn J
Lap RNY 9/29/04
5' 4"
306/146/135
LizzyL
on 2/27/08 8:37 pm - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
Hi Sherry, i believe you are correct....in saying that caffiene should not be taking with iron also some foods do block the absorption of iron. i think it includes ...coffee, tea, egg yolks, milk, fiber and soy protein. try to avoid these when you are eating food high in iron and taking your iron pill Also take your iron pill with vitamin C for better absorption. hugss Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

LizzyL
on 2/27/08 8:42 pm - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
Hi Sherry, When is the best time to take your iron pill ? allow 2 hours to pass after eating the foods that i mention up above in my post AND 2 hours after you take your calcium supplement. hugss Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

Most Active