How many grams of protien

Miss Thang
on 2/24/08 10:18 pm - Buffalo, NY
This is a 2 part question, My doctor reccomended 60 grams of protien a day, and lots of people are going for 100, whats the benefit of 100 vs 60 Someone told me that you cant absorb more than 30 grams of protien at a time, is this true?
Wyldethang I LOVE my RNY!!!  Magick Happens, just BELIEVE! Namaste
Fairy

Dave Chambers
on 2/25/08 12:53 am - Mira Loma, CA
My surgeon recommended 60-80 grams, stressing the 80 for men.  More protein over a days time will help to build muscle mass.  Not enough protein causes a loss of muscle massBut I can't give you an average that is best.  About 25 grams of protein is all that can be absorbed by the body at one time. Example: those protein bullets are 42 grams.  These should not be taken all at one time. Split the "bullet" into 2 doses. 

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

LizzyL
on 2/25/08 1:01 am - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
Hello, DanielleH_RD  -   The Registered Dietitian wrote something about this. Read this post .... CLICK HERE hugss Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

wendy_fou
on 2/27/08 12:29 pm - AR
"Someone told me that you cant absorb more than 30 grams of protien at a time, is this true?" No.  This is a myth. 
Miss Thang
on 2/27/08 11:10 pm - Buffalo, NY
Thanks so much for the replies!!!
Wyldethang I LOVE my RNY!!!  Magick Happens, just BELIEVE! Namaste
Fairy

Most Active