Newly revised

tekymom
on 2/24/08 6:13 am - Topeka, KS
I had my surgery Feb 6.  It was a revision from the band to RNY.  I lost 70 pounds with my band, but had a gall bladder attack.  When they took it out they found an infection around my band and said it had to come out.  My BMI is very low for a new bypass person (26.6).  I know that will affect how much I will lose.  But, I don't know how to switch my thinking from a bandster to a RNYer.  I feel like I am eating way too much volume of food.  I am supposed to be transitioning from full liquids to purees right now, but I am eating some solids already and they aren't bothering me at all.  I am used to having  a physical reminder if I screw up.  I am having such a hard time having the self control to eat small amounts and stay with the pureed foods.  I lost 7 pounds the first week after RNY and nothing this last week.  I am scared that I am going to fail this surgery. 
Laura

Diät-Ticker - Sichtbar abnehmen
Revised from Band to RNY February 6, 2008
Dave Chambers
on 2/25/08 12:57 am - Mira Loma, CA
Don't think you'll fail, bu****ch so you don't get too thin. My wife had the "caveman" intestinal bypass done in 1980. She had 2 revisions for problems in the 80's. Then last year, she had many problems that developed.  I had RNY in 2006, and lost 141 pounds. My wife had a RNY revision in July 2006. She's lost about 70 pounds since then, without any major effort.

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

tekymom
on 2/25/08 2:21 am - Topeka, KS
Thank you very much for your reply.  I was concerned that I might lose too much, but my doctor assured me I won't.  I have put my trust in him so far.  I pray that you and your wife have smooth sailing from here on out and no more complications. Thank you again for your response.
Laura

Diät-Ticker - Sichtbar abnehmen
Revised from Band to RNY February 6, 2008
Most Active