Fage Yogurt??

(deactivated member)
on 2/23/08 9:08 am - Center Ossipee, NH
is this product in most supermarkets?
* JuneCleaver *
on 2/23/08 10:15 pm
It's mostly in Health Food store types, but I have found it in several local grocery stores that have a larger section on natural foods. I forgot to look where you live before I started to reply but here in Northern California I've found it at Raley's in the Natural Foods section of the store.

Lap RNY 6/7/07 (Consult -196 / Current - 111.2) 
LBL/BA 8/13/08  
Coccygectomy 3/09

Amanda R.
on 2/23/08 11:44 pm - Bossier City, LA
What exactly does Fage yogurt taste like?

*And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom~

Dee J.
on 2/24/08 6:56 am
Its really thick and has the consistancy of sour cream but doesnt really taste like sour cream, its good and very creamy. Dee
(deactivated member)
on 2/24/08 9:53 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH
Several of my local grocers carry Fage, and I think Trader Joe's does as well. TJ's also sells their own greek-style yogurt; it's good and less expensive than Fage.  Also, several of my local grocers have been having trouble keeping Fage in stock because it's in such high demand.  So if you see it, buy it!!!   I make delicious Fage parfaits -- mix 1-2 packets of Splenda w/ a small container of Fage, then layer it with fresh strawberries, blueberries, and your favorite kind of chunky/grainy cereal.  I use Bob's Red Mill Mueslix cereal, and let it sit overnight so the grains can soften.  (This cereal is mainly composed of raw grains, so the longer you leave it sit in liquid or yogurt, the softer it gets.)  When I'm out of the Mueslix, I'll use granola or a few Grape Nuts or some Kellogg's AllBran Buds.  This is so delicious, it seems like I shouldn't eat it, but it's good for me!  Who knew Kellie
Amanda S.
on 2/25/08 1:45 am - shelley, ID
I eat greek yogurt but not the fage brand. It tastes just like sour cream to me. I found it at super walmart and stop and shop (oh and shaws too) I use it as I would sour cream, for toppings and dips. Yum!

Amanda
260/241/134/200
highest/preop/lowest/current

KIMBERLY W.
on 2/26/08 12:39 am - Florence, MA
ok just been seing alot of (*****)  in alot of post on the OH boards what are thay? like ****e yougurt what is that? ht
susiewong
on 2/29/08 1:55 pm - NV
The OH  board has incorporated a filter for screening for swear words, etc.  When the filter sees *** for the word fage...it filters it out leaves the e and replaces it with asteriks.  It is trying to tweak it a bit more, but it takes time and testing.

SUSIEWONG
5'4 (Surgery: 226) (Presently: 133) (Doc's Goal: 141)

RainyDayWoman
on 3/11/08 8:21 am - Fridley, MN
You can also strain regular yogurt with cheesecloth to make Greek style yogurt.  I make my own yogurt and strain it and it's like Fage but way cheaper.
Lilypie - (SzbI)
Most Active