2 questions

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/08 7:51 am - Center Ossipee, NH
1)     If I have a cereal that is low in sugar , high in fiber , etc     meets all RNY requirements but could use a tad more protein, can I add potein powder to the bowl of cereal? 2)   can i subsitute a meal with a protein drink for life?       a drink and some veggies./fruits? I am done with protein for now, between yesterday and today i have gotten myself so worked up over all the different brands I made myself grumpy and stressed..... I di dorder samples , so for now that it it!!!! Thanks to everyone who tolerated my many posts these past 2 days, just wait till I get going on vitamin brands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AGHHHHHHH.............. i like it better when i only have about 3 choices!!!           LOL
~ Stylz ~
on 2/18/08 11:15 pm - North of Boston, MA
 from down here in Massachusetts! yes, you can add protein powder to virtually anything you want and/or can tollerate!  there are unflavored powders out there you might want to try incase you want to add to something without flavor.  I use vanilla protein powder in muffins for extra protein. your second question.  yes! if you can tollerate a shake that you find and like, why can't you drink it daily for life?  at first post-ops don't get enough protein because we eat so little, but later on even if you're around the 70gr protein mark, you can add a shake and get extra protein.  I have a friend thats 7 years out and still drinks a shake.  She calls it "added insurance" so her hair doesn't fall out.  I'm almost 2 years out and still drink a shake every morning driving to work As far as trying proteins.  Save some of your samples for after surgery because your taste buds change.  before surgery I use to drink a protein shake that i LOVED for years!!  after surgery I couldnt take 3 sips of it.  I can't do really thick shakes so I stick to juice type shakes like nectar. good luck with everything, don't feel like you're ever asking too much.  Post-ops have gone through it and can lead you with great advice =) good luck!

~Stylz~  
post - op 261.2/current 124.2/goal 125

~~~  down 137 pounds  ~~~

LESS HALF THE PERSON I USE TO BE 

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

Most Active