Popcorn

ScottyB77
on 2/18/08 7:01 am - Oakland Gardens, NY

Pre Surgery I used to eat microwave popcorn, no butter, all the time Can I eat it now post-surgery? I had bypass 3 months ago

Robin W.
on 2/19/08 6:08 am - Franklin, OH
What does your doc and nut say. Everyone is different some can eat it with no trouble others can't.  I was cleared to try anything after 3-6 months if my pouch liked it.. it was ok to eat. Now with that said you can eat something one day and be fine and then the next you could dump. The pouch is in control at all times.  Good Luck,  Robin

4'10" - 47 I'm short but not petite and I will weigh more than a 5th grader
Start weight 220 
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"  Dr. Seuss

Heather S.
on 2/20/08 9:14 am - Southern, NJ
My surgeon gives the OK to eat anything after the first 10 weeks I believe...as long as it sits ok in the pouch.  I had popcorn last week (about 3 1/2mo out) and it sat a little TOO fine...I realized while I was eating it that it was definitely a "trigger food" for me.  I too used to eat it almost every night pre-surgery.  It's one of those foods I can stuff in by the handful and it doesn't really ever make me feel full or satisfied...so it's just empty worthless calories. (other than getting in a little good fiber) Personally, I'm going to stay away from it except maybe for a special treat a few times a year at the movies or something. Heather

Highest
~Hospital Discharge~Current~
Goal 
   293  ~  (11/9/07) 286  ~  193 ~ 140
                   Height: 5'-6"  Age: 35

Amanda S.
on 2/25/08 1:48 am - shelley, ID
I can eat it ( I love it and eat it once every week or two) I can ONLY buy the snack bags though. I didn't have any one time and ate mindlessly from a regular size bag and got so sick.

Amanda
260/241/134/200
highest/preop/lowest/current

Most Active