NUTRIONISTS

(deactivated member)
on 2/17/08 1:40 am - Center Ossipee, NH
After surgery how many times do we see the nutrionist?                  I was wondering if my Insurance would cover seperate appts , if I feel the need to see one?
MelaniaB_RD
on 2/17/08 6:27 am - Costa Mesa, CA
Jennifer, This is highly variable and depends on several factors such as what your insurance will pay for, what your surgeon recommends, etc.  If your insurance does not cover these post-op appointments, you would be responsible for the cost of your post-op nutrition counseling with an RD.  Sorry if this is vague, but there are so many differences between insurance carriers, which change on a regular basis.   If might be prudent to call your insurance carrier to see a) IF they cover post-op WLS medical nutrition therapy (nutrition counseling) with an RD; b) If so, do they need a physician referral; c) How many appointments will they cover post-operatively; and d) If they don't cover, why not?! Hope this helps!
Melania Behrens, MA, RD
President, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!
Most Active