CALLING ALL DIETICANS!!!

(deactivated member)
on 2/16/08 6:23 am - Center Ossipee, NH
I lost 80 lbs by eating like this:                           (   I LOST THIS WEIGHT YEARS AGO )

skim milk, soy milk, lite yogurt, lots of fruits, lots of veggies, lite mayo, whole grain products, real cheese, whole wheat pasta.         WATER, WATER, WATER......

peanut butter, oatmeal, kashi products, hummuss, popcorn, fat free, suger free dessets

tuna, chicken, lean ham, lean burgers...........cottage cheese

Is this something how I can eat after RNY?

Once in a blue moom I did have real cake, such as a relatives B/Day ...........do you always dump if you dump once on a certain food , wil you always dump on it again?

DanielleH_RD
on 2/16/08 6:31 am - CA
You will be able to eat like this eventually - but probably not right at first. Look at the left column of this page for guidelines after RNY - that should give you an idea of what you can expect. The choices you will have will expand as time goes on.  At first you will avoid high fiber, most meats, and other foods you mentioned.  You will add things in over time per your tolerance. As far as dumping - some do, some don't.  Most people are afraid to find out! Sure, having cake at a birthday is normal.  Most people can tolerate a few bites and some cannot tolerate any at all.  It is impossible to know how your body will react. It is good that you are taking a critical look at the life changes that need to be made post-op.  This is a big, big change you are looking at.  It is good that you look at it with your eyes wide open and that you get as much information as possible. Good luck!
Danielle Halewijn, RD,CNSD
Director of Nutrition, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!

Most Active