Average weight loss the first month after surgery?

cmjmayhew1
on 2/14/08 10:37 am
Hi everyone, I am new here and getting ready to schedule my surgery. I know everyone progresses differently but what have people found to be an average weigt loss the first month after surgery?
Edi P.
on 2/15/08 3:12 am - Zellwood, FL
I lost about 30 pounds my first month and most of the ladies I know, whether they had 200 or 100 pounds to loose seem to have averaged that.  Men tend to lose even more.  There are so many factors though...your size, age, activity level, type of surgery.  Just remember...it didn't take you one month...one year to gain the weight, be patient, if you use your tool properly, in the overall picture...it will come off "quickly". Best wishes on your journey!!

Highest:  349
Lowest:  175
Surgeon's Goal:  189
My Goal:  A healtier happier me!! 

2014 update...regained but haven't lost faith.

cmjmayhew1
on 2/15/08 7:03 am
Thanks for the answer. Looks like you are just about to where you want to be! Congratulations.  I hope I can be as successful.
Michelle P.
on 2/28/08 7:33 pm - Glens Falls, NY
How much did you lose after you were 4 weeks out. I have lost 16lbs since the surgery, seems to be slower that I thought - that is 2 weeks and 2 days post op.

But At least I am losing - if this snow ever stops I can get out and go walking LOL.

MIchelle

Michelle...                        

Heather S.
on 2/16/08 2:55 am - Southern, NJ
Both my nutritionist and my surgeon (who don't work together) said the goal for the 1st month is 8-10% loss of your total weight.  (i.e. if you weigh 250 lbs you should lose between 20 & 25 lbs.) I was right on target with that.  Good luck...don't worry...it comes off when it wants to come off...just do what your support team is telling you! Heather

Highest
~Hospital Discharge~Current~
Goal 
   293  ~  (11/9/07) 286  ~  193 ~ 140
                   Height: 5'-6"  Age: 35

babyphat-babyslim
on 3/13/08 5:29 am, edited 3/13/08 5:29 am - Northern California, CA
I only lost 10 lbs my first month....I've lost 112 lbs total and am a year and a half out. I have not had any re-gain. I have only lost about 10 lbs since last Sept. Started out at 288lbs, size 22-24 pants and 18-22 tops. I now wear size 12 pants and med-large tops. My show size also went down a half size.
Sarah Lyon
Certified Massage Therapist
Lymphatic Drainage Therapist

Most Active