4.5 weeks since RYN and not hungry - PROTEIN

kimac61
on 2/11/08 12:08 pm - Cranston, RI
It has been 4.5 weeks since my surgery and I still am not very hungry! I do eat three meals a day two shakes and one consisting of cottage cheese or cream soup with some mashed potatoes and a veg mixed in... sometimes I will have a popsickle or jello - I am drinking water and a cup of decaf tea inbetween meals  IS THIS OKAY??  I probably could use another source of protein-Right? Do you have any suggestions?

Kim

NO LONGER OVERWEIGHT!

(deactivated member)
on 2/12/08 3:14 am - KenMan, CA
How much protein are you getting in??? If you aren't getting in 100 grams per day then I suggest adding skim milk to your shakes instead of water but..... I don't know much abour RNY and don't know if that would cause dumping.... I think the best thing to do is to ask that question on th RNY board and get the info from a lot of people...very few people use this board....
01mommy
on 2/12/08 8:31 am
Check with your surgeon, but you shouldn't be getting any less than 60g of protein daily--no matter the source. As far as the milk goes, I never considered it a good enough trade-off; the protein is low and the carbs are high.  It might be worth it for you, but take it slow...some people don't tolerate dairy very well post-op and it may make you dump.  There are some protein supplements that mix with water, Syntrax brand tastes great and can be purchased online or locally at places like Vitamin Shoppe or maybe even GNC.
218/135/143/130
Pre-op/Lowest/Current/Goal

Miss Thang
on 2/14/08 11:04 pm - Buffalo, NY
I have found a nice helpful protien product by IDS New Whey liquid protien, tastes pretty good, not chalky like the shakes, comes in 3 oz portions and at 2 weeks out I can drink it all slowly it has 42 grams of protien.  I got my first at the Vitamin shop but I am looking online for a cheaper way, cause it was about 325 a bottle (12 for 39 dollars) but I figure I used to spend 8-15 dollars a meal when I ate out which was practically daily  so 3 bucks isnt really expensive in comparison.
Wyldethang I LOVE my RNY!!!  Magick Happens, just BELIEVE! Namaste
Fairy

Most Active