Nectar Iced Tea

Jennifer S.
on 2/11/08 10:02 am - Scranton, PA
I ordered Nectar iced tea in the individual packs. By nature, I am a "smeller"...which I guess is bad when it comes to protein drinks! One sniff of this stuff and I was ready to gag... I Tried lots of things to make it go down better. I only used about one third of the pack in a 20 oz bottle of water... I drank some, added more water...Drank more, added crystal light peach tea... I just could not get it down. Tomorrow I am going to try to finish the pack...I am going to add some of the WallyWorld peach flavored crystal light knock off...I really want to try and drink this stuff up!!! I figure even if I get it down in 3 seperate servings, thats 23(i think) grams of protein there... ANY SUGGESTIONS??????
LizzyL
on 2/12/08 2:53 am - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
Hello i know what you mean ... i haven't tried the iced tea flavor although i tired fuzzy navel nectar protein it was disgusting !!!  Yuk! i brought it back to the vitamin store...  i now drink Nectar Crystal Sky i actually love this Nectar drink. once i got past the color of the drink it was not bad at all. :-) i heard that the chocolate flavor is good  and the Lattes Cappuccino flavor was very good too... give both a try :-) hugss Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

Miss Thang
on 2/14/08 11:00 pm - Buffalo, NY
Well I tried it and thought it was great except it was very foamy at the top for a while, Id suggest making it up like an hour in advance or more to let that foam settle or disperse, whatever it does.  After that it was great. Im gonna try the fuzzy naval today. I have always been a "taste" seeker though so super strong flavors just make me happier, makes me feel more satisfied. I literally crave spicyness like mexican or thai food
Wyldethang I LOVE my RNY!!!  Magick Happens, just BELIEVE! Namaste
Fairy

LizzyL
on 2/15/08 5:42 am - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
Hi Wyldethang, Just a quick suggestion for you Do not use the nectar protein in a blender. you will get the foamy at the top. i find it so much better if you pour the nectar protein powder into a funnel and pour it into your water bottle. if you have a hard time with the nectar powder,  get a spoon and push the protein powder down into the funnel hole. Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

DanielleH_RD
on 2/16/08 6:13 am - CA
Since you are a smeller - here's a couple things I tell my pregnant ladies when nausea happens Sip from a straw Use a covered container to drink from (ex: travel mug) Make sure its cool/cold to reduce smells. Good luck!
Danielle Halewijn, RD,CNSD
Director of Nutrition, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!

Most Active