Lean Cuisine

MsAmi
on 2/11/08 7:15 am - Catlettsburg, KY
Should we eat these? I am almost 5 years out and have gained a lot of weight. Are these OK or should I plan my own meals?
AmandaLP
on 2/11/08 2:15 pm - TX
VSG on 12/20/07 with
Most have lots of carbs and sodium, and not a lot of protein.

South beach "living" entrees have more protein and whole grain carbs, you can try those.

But, making your own will almost always be healthier and better for you.
FatGirlShrinking.com , my blog :-)
(deactivated member)
on 2/11/08 10:00 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH
Are they the best choice?  No.  But are they okay if they help you eat healthier than you would otherwise?  Sure.  I look for the meals that have at least 20 grams of protein and no more than 35 grams of carbs.  I also usually add a vegetable or a salad to my meal, since a lot of meals do not contain a full serving of veggies.  Also, be mindful of the amount of sodium in this type of processed food.  I usually eat one of these each day, but don't add salt to anything else that I eat.  So the level of sodium does not bother me.   If you're looking at how to lose some of what you regained, you'll need to look beyond using Lean Cuisine or prepared/processed foods, and reevaluate why you've regained.  Snacking/grazing?  Too many carbs?  Not enough protein?  Not enough fluids?  No regular exercise?  Using food for comfort?  stress relief?  celebration?  as a coping mechanism???  You need to figure out those issues and address them for long term success and maintenance -  Good luck on your continuing journey -  Kellie
sarard
on 2/12/08 12:50 pm - Costa Mesa, CA
You're better off planning your own meals; however, eating these once in a while isn't bad.
Sara Nejat-Bina, RD, CNSD, CDE
Registered Dietitian
Most Active